I am 42 and had a baby 15 months ago. My skin is very thin as is my neck and face.

My jawline and neck have dropped considerably and I get loads of lines when I turn my head to one side or smile I am considering a facelift - can you advise?I have thin feathery line on my cheeks that have just appeared. I feel like I have aged a lot in the last few months. My botox doctor injected 2 mls of volume in my cheeks 6 weeks ago but I did nt notice any difference. I am also considering rejuvapen - will this help ? I am desperate! Please help

Tough question

So thanks for the question. As you can imagine its hard to know exactly what you mean without a picture. It sounds like you have a few classic signs of facial ageing, namely thinning skin giving you feathery lines, especially round the mouth when you smile perhaps, like ripples in a pond?That is thinning skin and is best treated by a comprehensive moisturising regime, no more unprotected sun exposure and some skin volume boosting. There are a number of ways this can be achieved non surgically. The sagging neckline sounds like something a bit more surgical. The middle of the face tends to deflate like a balloon and the deflated balloon then hangs over the upper lip leaving nasolabial lines and over the jaw line leaving what we call jowls. The neck can also sag. Volumising the cheeks can be a good way to reverse this as it reinflates the balloon but its effectiveness is volume dependant and it is not always the answer. What you describe is not in any way unusual and a common combination of concerns. If you are anywhere near us, you are welcome to come and have a consultation and we can have a look at what can be done. Hope that makes sense and therefore helps. Adam Goodwin

Ideal Age for a Facelift

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift. During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

Facelift with SMAS, Z lift

At 42 if you have gained considerable weight during your pregnancy and now have lost the weight and fluid, the sagging skin after 15 months will not dissipate on it's own. I have done many facial rejuvenation procedures for young suffering woman and men. See a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon in consultation. I have had a few people cross the pond for my care, there are qualified physicians in GB. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon