I have had just over 4000 grafts done in Turkey on 01/09/16. It has been 6 days how soon should the scabs go?

I have been told they should have washed off the scabs the day after surgery but they havent so what should I do? I am currently using Panthenol for 1 hour each day and washing the head then shampooing only the donor area as per their instructions. I have been told I can fully shampoo my head from 10th Sept. I am hoping to go back to work but want my head looking better as it is hard to look at with the scabs! If you can answer it would be great'

Removing Crusts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

For the first few days just pour diluted baby shampoo gently over your head to wash it. Starting around day 3 you can very gently rub in baby shampoo, let sit 5-10 minutes, rinse, rub in conditioner, let sit 5-10 minutes, gently rub scabs, rinse. Over a week this should get rid of most if not all of the scabs. If by day 14 there are still some left, repeat the same process but use baby oil instead. 

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to follow up with your doctor for a recheck. Scabs should

If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to follow up with your doctor for a recheck. Scabs should fall out in one to two weeks in general.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crusting after 4000 grafts in Turkey

The crusts (scabs) should have been off when you left the surgery suite and any residual scabs should have been taken off the next day. One you let the crusts get beyone a couple of days, it might take a month for them to slowly fall off on their own with frequent shampooing

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon