I need a nose job as my nose is wonky & I cannot breathe through one nostril. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 16 with a wonky nose that was possibly broken but not fixed as a child. It has ruined my self confidence and it of course my main feature. Is it possible to have it at this age? Any surgeons located in the south of England that will?

Age appropriate for rhinoplasty (nose surgery)

Dear Chelsey,
A Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) is generally best performed after the nose's growth spurt, which for girls is at the age of 14-15, and for boys 1 year later. To answer your question, YES, a rhinoplasty can be safely performed at the age of 16. A septoplasty can be done at the same time to help correct your breathing.  

Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. The response to the question does not constitute a doctor patient relationship or formal advice.

Rhinoplasty at age 16

It is possible that a rhinoplasty can help with the shape of the nose and with your breathing concerns in a single procedure.  If you are still growing you may want to wait another year or two for the procedure to ensure the best results.  Be sure that your surgeon has experience taking care of functional nasal problems as well as expertise in facial aesthetics. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

I need a nose job as my nose is wonky & I cannot breathe through one nostril. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

The breathing and cosmetic issues can be addressed at the same time.