Overtime will the hydroxyapatite completely or only partially be converted into natural human bone?

These types of implants have always fascinated me because they are like no other. Not only is it identical to human bone, but it supposedly helps new formation in the area of the implant. My question is, overtime will the hydroxyapatite completely or only partially be converted into natural human bone? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Hydroxyapatite Implants

There are numerous different types of hydroxyapatite, some resorbable and some not. But hydroxyapatite acts as a scaffold onto which bone grows into and around the granules. This clearly happens when used as an onlay augmentation material. While this is biologically great and very appealing the problem with hydroxyapatite is that is a very hard material to place smoothly and accurately and often ends up looking lumpy and irregular. And then there is bone around it making it hard to remove.