Hole in nose. What can I do?

Did cocaine years ago no hole now bad sinus is are so bad stared getting big scabs and I been blowing them out and now found a hole what can I do

Doctor Answers 1

Septal perforation

You're describing an inflamed septal perforation, or a likely hole in the partition between the two sides of the nose.  You would do well to consult with an Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) physician or a facial plastic surgeon for your care.  Depending on your exam, you will likely need to control the inflammation/ low-lying infection to get rid of crusting first, and then deal with the actual hole.  Again, depending on your exam and symptoms, you may need to do:  1) nothing, 2) wear a soft plastic button to close the hole, or 3) undergo a surgical repair.  Good luck!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.