Help... Will this crease go? (photo)

Hi - I'm 4 days post op and I have this crease between what I think is my implant and my armpit - is this something that will go away? It's the same on the otherside - I know I'm really fresh to get a definitive answer but I'm hoping that with the experience of you doctors on here you'll have an idea if it's likely to go or not - thank you in advance :) ( FYI I had a bwd of 15, 34" chest (under breasts) and was a 34A - 400cc mentor cohesive gel implants were used (HP)

Will the Crease Go?

Have patience and allow time to heal.  You will see changes over the next several weeks.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon