Healing concerns 3 weeks post breast uplift with implants and full tummy tuck. (photos)

I have some concerns about areas of my healing. I've emailed my own PS but had surgery in a different country but would just like some advice now as I'm worried. With my TT scar there is yellow fluid in 2 small openings in the middle. What could this be +how should I care for it? Under my right breast there is a raw looking area a very small amount of yellow fluid I can see (hard to see in photo). To the side of my belly button there appears to be a 'pus' filled sealed. Is this anything?

Postop complications

Thank you for your question but sorry to hear of your complications.  Typically, a surgeon's fees for surgery will cover any postop care whether or not there are complications.  It should be relatively easy for your surgeon to assist with your care via email, phone and/or video conference.  If that is not an option, it is difficult for surgeons to offer advice on another surgeon's complications, even when a patient is actually seen in-person for a formal consultation or second opinion.  But that is exactly what I recommend that you do....consult with a local plastic surgeon for assistance in management of your complications.  You should expect to have to pay for that surgeon's time and expertise.  Best wishes

Questions about healing after mommy makeover in another country.

From what I see in the photographs does not seem too bad. Some of the areas appear to have superficial delayed healing. I do not see pus next to your bellybutton but obviously I am not examining you in person. If there is pus there it will probably drain spontaneously.

I would recommend consulting with a local plastic surgeon. I have done this several times for patients that have had their surgery done in other countries. It can be a bit uncomfortable, because the surgeon may feel that you should have had the surgery done locally and paid his or her fee, but the surgeon should be willing to take care of you, and charge you a reasonable fee for doing so. (Perhaps next time you or your friends and family will choose your local surgeon).

This is the downside of having your surgery done away from home. 

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift, implants and tummy tuck - worried about healing

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, breast lift and implants.

Based on the photos alone, the areas of concern seem minor. They are probably related to sutures under the skin. You are right to contact your plastic surgeon and should follow her/his instructions.

You may need to return to see him or to be seen by a plastic surgeon near you - you will need to pay for the care if you see a different surgeon than your own.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Post Op healing

Thank you for your questions and shared photos. Typically with surgery cost, your postoperative follow up appointments are included whether you have a complication or not. You should consider calling the surgeon who performed your surgery and schedule an appointment with him. It is difficult for other surgeons to offer their best advise with these complications you are having at this time. You may want to consult with a local board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon who is willing to follow you. Added expenses may be expected for their services. 

Gregory C. Gaines, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Healing & Activity after a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Surgery out of country

Whenever a patient has surgery out of the country it poses a lot of issues.  I suggest you see a local plastic surgeon in your area.  With that being said,it is always difficult to treat a patient that I did not operate on myself because I do not know what your anatomy and have no way of telling what your surgeon did without imaging.   The symptoms you are describing you will need to be seen and treated sooner than later.  Continue to try and get a hold of your surgeon, if he/she can not be reached, seek a consult from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.   Best of luck to you! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Healing concerns

Hi! It looks like you need to be seen by a doctor sooner rather than later. This is the complicated part of destination surgeries. Ideally you should seek treatment from the surgeon who did your surgery but if that isn't an option find a board certified plastic surgeon close to your area. Unfortunately you will most likely incur additional expenses. 

Good luck to you.

Mommy Makeover

You may want to plan a visit to see the surgeon who operated on you.  He is the only one who knows exactly what was done in your case, and should be doing the follow up.  I never advise patients to have surgery in another country unless they are willing to spend at least 4 to 6 weeks in the area.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD