Gynocemastia removal. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have had gynocemastia for quite some time now, I have been to the gym and worked on getting a bigger chest to hopefully hide it up, but all is had done is pushed it forward. I am worried about when the removal is complete that there will be a large indent within my chest especially were I have been to the gym. The right nipple is a lot larger than the left.

Doctor Answers 12

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Surgery is the treatment of choice for your gynecomastia.  I recommend an in person consultation with an experienced plastic in your area.  If done properly, and healing is uncomplicated, you your pictures suggest you should achieve an nice masculinization of your shape.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and photos and surgery will effectively correct the problem. So see some experts in the area who do a lot of the procedures and find the right surgeon for you

Dr. Corbin

Gynecomastia repair

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
We perform gynecomastia repairs routinely and have had great success using a direct excision technique of the tissues under the breast and liposuction of the peripheral breast soft tissues. Please see examples below.

Gynecomastia Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi j7248,
Thanks for the post and photos. It does appear that you have gynecomastia based on the photo. I recommend that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. You'll need to be evaluated for the cause to make sure there is no underlying, untreated cause prior to having surgery. That being said, you will need to have surgery to remove the excess glandular tissue. There is no medication or supplement that will predictably and accurately reduce the glandular tissue. The fear of indentation should be low with an experienced surgeon. Do not hesitate to travel for surgery if you cannot find a local surgeon.

Dr. Dadvand

You should get a nice improvement with gynecomastia breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Of course you need to be seen in person, but i think you would be pleased with the results of your 
surgery. As others have stated, go with a board certified PS. it is possible but not likely,
that you will have significant indentation after surgery. Also it is possible to alter the 
size of your areolas. I, will often do that in the office, a few months after the initial 
surgery to reduce the size of the breasts.

good luck
david berman md

Candidate for Gynecomastia removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is important to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. By looking at your pictures you seem to be a candidate for Gynecomastia removal. 

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed



{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It appears from your photos that you have mild-moderate gynecomasta. Although a physical exam is required to make any formal recommendations, you would likely benefit from just liposuction breast reduction surgery.  You may also need an areolar reduction and repositioning. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options. Best wishes,
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Gynecomastia question

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It looks like you have a mild to moderate amount of gynecomastia that should be very correctable with surgery. While it is true that you can have an indentation following surgery, it is unlikely if you have an experienced surgeon. Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to answer your questions and explain to you what type of results you can realistically expect.

Gynecomastia surgery is a highly customized procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A physical exam will determine the cause of abnormal enlargement--e.g., excess fat, breast tissue, skin, or a combination of these variables.  By knowing the underlying cause/s, your plastic surgeon is able to customize your surgery.

In pseudo gynecomastia, the underlying problem is the excess fat which can be removed with a use of liposuction cannula inserted through small incisions that heal into imperceptible scars.  

Meanwhile, a "true" gynecomastia will always need direct skin excisions to remove the excess breast tissue and possibly some skin.  For an additional amount of contouring, this might be combined with liposuction.

Regardless of the surgical technique, it is imperative not to overdo things--or remove too much tissue or fat--to avoid nipple collapse, asymmetric appearance, skin irregularities, and other telltale signs of the surgery. 

I hope that helps and good luck. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.