Just had Gynecomastia surgery, have a couple of questions. (photos)

Hi, i'd appreciate some profession opinions please Im 2 days post op a gyno surgery, Ive had Lipo done twice to my chest it appeared needed gland removal. I explained this to my surgeon and now post op, i I quote "glandural tissue, lumps and adhesions from previous surgery" removed. My understanding of Gyno surgery was an incision is made in the nipple and gland removed, my photos taken just now, don't seem to show that does it look like a gyno surgery to you? The incisions are same as previous

Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi willbehappy,
Thanks for the post and photos. There are certain instruments that may be used to remove breast tissue from remote access sites. That being said, it is impossible for any surgeon in this forum to definitively say how your specific surgery was performed. I typically remove gland from a small incision at the lower border of the areola, but your surgeon may have a different technique. It is best that you ask your surgeon this question.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

What happened in my gynaecomastia surgery?

Thanks for posting your question and outlining your concern

Whilst removal of breast tissue in gynaecomastia is most frequently done with an incision around the areola, it is also possible to remove it through liposuction incisions using certain "graspers" in surgery.

I would suggest you discuss with your surgeon to find out what they did

Good luck

For modest gynecomastia a periareolar incision generally is used when excision is necessary.

I'm not sure how sharp excision of the breast tissue can of been performed based on the photographs provided. Discuss this with your surgeon. Most of the time a periareolar incision is used to remove glandular tissue resistant to liposuction. The peripheral access points are used for thorough liposuction of the entire chest wall.

About Your Gynecomastia Incisions

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site.

It's best to inquire with your plastic surgeon as to what s/he did in the procedure to better understand your healing. This will also inform you as to why s/he made the incisions they did. 

Just had Gynecomastia surgery

You are reading the technical terms from the surgeon. You should contact the doctor's office and inquire on the specific technique. Only your surgeon knows how he/she performed your surgery.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon