Would I be a good candidate for a mini arm lift with liposuction? (Photos)

hi, I've recently lost weight, 5 stone in total, however this has been very gradual (clean eating and 3 times a week high intensity training) I'might planning breast reduction surgery but was wondering if I'd make a good candidate for a mini arm lift with liposuction?

Would I be a good candidate for a mini arm lift with liposuction?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  My best suggestion: seek in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples, with arm contouring surgery, achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Keep in mind that "mini" lifting surgery generally achieves very a minimal outcome;  you will need to carefully consider pros/cons associated with all options discussed.  Assuming, your examination demonstrates good skin elasticity, you may be a good candidate for liposuction surgery alone.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

I think that a mini arm lift surgery would likely be of little benefit, but an exam would be helpful to make recommendations.

Arm lift mini?

Thanks so much for your question. It depends on your goals as mini surgery leads to less improvement and over time require revision to a "full" procedure. I like for most patients a full posterior arm lift because it removes more skin leads to a better shape and in the back the scar is hidden better. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

An arm lift with liposuction?

An in-depth evaluation is required to answer these questions. The arm can be very tricky, balancing contour with fat removal and scars. The doctor needs to know your expectations also. The many arm lift is not a very strong operation as far as getting dramatic results. It may be, that doing nothing is a good choice for you. You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon to sit down and go through these issues.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Mini arm lift with liposuction

When I consider patients for short scar brachioplasty, what I need to know most is - what are your expectations? A mini arm lift will not achieve the circumferential tightening or contouring of a standard brachioplasty. But, in a patient with good skin tone and more fat than skin excess, it may be a good option especially when combined with liposuction. What it cannot do is tighten the skin around your upper arm muscles, nor can it take away any sagging or crepey skin. However, it does have the advantage of a scar hidden in your armpit. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon to do a comprehensive evaluation. By the way, congratulations on your weight loss! I hope this helps. - Dr. Mills.

Dan Mills, MD

Candidate? mini arm lift with lipo VS CoolSculpting

I suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area- A consult is the best way to see if you are a candidate for the arm lift or what other procedure might benefit you. I have had several patients come in for the arm lift and find that CoolSculpting is a better option with great result and no scar or down time. Kudos on the weight loss, you will be glad you did and have a better result in the long run. Wishing you the best.

Grant A. Fairbanks, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good mini arm lift candidate?

Hi 

It is hard to say without an examination. I presume by mini armlift you mean keeping the scar in the armpit? You need to have good elastic skin for this and you should see a good improvement in shape when you simulate the op by pinching the skin in your armpit. 

How happy you will largely depends on your expectations from the surgery. Ask to see typical before and after pics of cases the surgeon has done. 

Best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Arm lift

Most "mini" surgeries compromise the ultimate result in exchange for a shorter scar.   In my practice, I find that only 5-10% of patients I see for a procedure with a "mini-" variant are actually good candidates for the "mini-" procedure.  A "mini" or short scar brachioplasty is typically done with a scar confined to the arm pit, and a short scar means less shin can be removed.  It is generally only a good procedure for patients who's excess skin extends about 1/3-1/2 way down their upper arm.  I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon comfortable with these procedures.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon