Am I not a good candidate for a lip lift? (photos)

I had an online consultation with a doctor about getting a bullhorn lip lift. He concluded that I'm not a good candidate for this procedure, because the lip lift might result in a "triangle-shaped" mouth, or a “rabbit look” appearance after the lip lift. He added that this is partly because my upper jaw is too prominent. He suggested fillers instead, but I'm looking for a permanent solution. Am I really not a good candidate, even with a conservative approach?

You are a fine candidate

Hi Em.C,I think you're a great candidate for the procedure.  The key is to lift the corners with the center to prevent the rabbit look.  I do these procedures regularly, right in the office and the results are fantastic.You can certainly  look into the procedure.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. While fillers will provide you with fuller lips, they will not provide you with your desired permanency. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon as the in-person examination will illuminate your options. A direct lip lift, subnasal lip lift and corner lift are great options to explore.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon