To gain better contouring from Lipo should I aim to lose more weight? (photo)

I'm 5ft 6 & 166lbs since having my child, I was previously 14lbs lighter do you recommend I lose some weight? I have a few months until Im scheduled to have lipo on my abs and flanks?!

To gain better contouring from Lipo should I aim to lose more weight?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... It seems that you're in a good weight to have liposuction with bbl, contour also, you will get really good results.. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon..

thank you for your question and the photo. You look like you are already at a good weight , just try to maintain a healthy diet and to exercise . Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question, Liposuction surgery is best option for you and you will have good results, at the moment you can maintain your current weight till your surgery. 

Liposuction- should I lose more weight?

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I always prefer to operate on the size body you are likely to have after your operation. I note you say you are still heavier than you were pre baby. Is this now your ideal weight? Or are you intending to lose more? If so, then, if I was treating Plastic Surgeon, I would prefer you to be at your ideal weight so that the canvas I am working on is the one you are looking to improve.

I hope this has been of value for you. Good luck in your journey.

Maintain your diet and exercise routine

Although it's difficult to say without an in-person consultation, it looks like you are at a good weight for liposuction. Rely on the guidance of your plastic surgeon, who knows you personally. I'd say between now and your procedure, you should focus on maintaining your current weight.

Adam L. Basner, MD

Contouring from Lipo

Hi Rielle,

Thank you for your question and photograph. I would advice you to continue to maintain an adequate diet and exercise regimen before and after liposuction. Based on the photo you provided it seems like you are at an ideal weight for body countering and it will definitely improve your contour. 

Carlos Mata M.D.,  MBA, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Go With Normal Weight for Best Results

If you are considering hi definition with fat transfer I tell people to  lose as much weight as they can before the procedure, you then can get a more HI DEF result.  With the shape you have now you can really get an amazing outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ideal Liposuction Candidates

The ideal liposuction candidate is healthy and has reached a stable weight which is at or near their goal (within 10-15 lbs.). These patients typically wish to address one or more problems areas that have been resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction his a contouring procedure and is not meant as an alternative to more traditional weight loss.

Based upon your photos alone, you seem like a reasonable candidate. It also sounds as if you are within 15 lbs. of your goal. I would not aggressively lose weight for the procedure, rather, I would recommend maintaining your regular diet and exercise regimen.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or weight loss regimes

It is always better to loose weight using natural healthier options. However, there are certain areas on the body where fat tends to stick and I have had numerous patients to date who simply are not able to get rid of fat in certain areas. Liposuction can help address this and contour the body. Liposuction is however not a means of reducing weight. You do not seem to have great excess of subcutaneous fat and is appears as though you will have a good result from liposuction. It is always good to loose as much as possible yourself and your plastic surgeon can fine tune and do the lipo sculpting for you if you fail to get rid of the fat in all desired areas.