Had FUE in Turkey 1st Sept, 10 days ago. When washing, my hair scabs are falling off with the transplanted hair. Is this normal?

FUE 2 weeks ago

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have post surgical issues, please contact your doctor. Your doctor may their own post operative cleaning

If you have post surgical issues, please contact your doctor. Your doctor may their own post operative cleaning instructions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon