FUE hair transplant outcome, is this right? (photos)

Hello I have had a FUE hair transplant to correct my receding hairline and temples In January 2014. The surgeon said i had between 2,000-3,000 hair grafts! However the texture is completely different from my normal hair. It looks very thin and wiry and when i shave my hair you can see where she has implanted the grafts with tiny black dots. Is this normal? what do i do? it looks thin and no volume or thickness. my natural hair is thick and curly.

Different texture in transplanted hairs

Yes, sometimes the transplanted hairs take a more wavy or curly nature and on rare occasions (about 1 in 5000 people) they will become wiry. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Different texture in transplanted hairs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Not everyone gets great results. Not all surgeries are the same. If you are having issues after surgery it is best to

Not everyone gets great results.  Not all surgeries are the same.  It depends on the doctor and clinic (as well as the individual patient). If you are having issues after surgery it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon