Would one Fraxel Dual session be enough to reduce these sun damaged hands? (Photo)

My dermatologist suggested a single Fraxel Dual using 1550nm erbium glass wavelength and 1927 wavelength for pigmentation. Would one be enough for the fine lines and texture? Or would I need to do a series? I read that wrinkle improvement is only 15-30% with MULTIPLE Fraxel Dual which is expensive and dissappointing. It has been 2 months since the painful sunburn. I have used daily sunscreen and continuous moisturisation on my hands but it has still left me with unsettling looking hands.

Individual results may vary

The degree of improvement varies between individuals, factors such as skin health, general health, age and genetics play a role. Also the METHOD of treatment plays an important part- the depth- power, number of passes, and the percentage coverage will need to be considered. 

As a general rule, I always advice patients that they would require a series of treatments for extra facial areas. Personally, if lines and wrinkles is your concern I would use the FRAXEL RE:Pair, but if spots and dots are your concern, the mix between 1550 and 1927 is a good combo. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist
Brisbane. 
Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist