When will my boobs be at the final result?

When will my boobs be at the final result am 3weeks post op do they change I no swelling going down will make them smaller am just not happy with size

Patience will be rewarded!

In general, it takes 3-6 months for your implants to settle and up to a year for them to soften.  It really depends on many factors including breast implant size/type, implant position, your anatomy, skin condition, etc.Patience will be rewarded!Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Final Result

I think you should wait at least six months before you judge the final result. I commonly tell my patients that 60% of your swelling will be down by six weeks and 90% by six months. Some of this depends on whether your surgeon used a drain or not.  If he or she did, then your swelling would be expected to be less.

Swelling after breast surgery

There is always swelling after breast surgery, usually for 6 weeks or so. You have not said what surgery you had, so it's hard to advise you more. You should see your surgeon and discuss this. Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for the question. You can expect your breasts to "drop & fluff" between 2-6 months post op so you still have some settling and changes to undergo. They will not likely change size after 3 weeks but the position and feel of the breasts can change. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon with any ongoing concerning changes.
All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are  early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Final results

Your breasts will continue to change over the next 3-6 months.  The shape will soften as the implant settles into the pocket.  It is far too early to judge your final results at this point.  Try to be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Camille Cash, MD

Most women see their final size and shape between 3 and 6 months. Those with smaller implants may see their final size earlier. Please give yourself time to heal, let the swelling subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle before making your final judgement about your size. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon