Feelings after Tummy Tuck Lipo Muscle Repair

It's week 2 and I have to wear my binder and Spanx for 8 weeks. When I take these garments off (just to wash) I feel like something is missing on my body . I know my lower jelly belly has been cut off but it makes me feel physically sick when I take off the garments.I have to hurry and put my garments back on I am really sick afterwards for a good hour or so. I understand it's a massive change but I think the more the garments stay on the more they are becoming like my comfort blanket.

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well! Is really normal to have this feeling when having a tummy tuck and feels worst when taking off the faja. Surgeons tell  the patients before surgery that they can expect some permanent and some temporary numbness. 

Some sensation recovery occurs in the first few months, but final improvement can take 2 years. Most patients say they feel normal in about one year.

The nerves regenerate themselves starting from the outsides of the abdomen, working their way to the midline.  Many patients have permanent sensation loss of the skin between the belly button and the middle of the abdominal incision. 

Remember numbness is decreased sensation. This doesn't affect motion or strength of the muscles underneath.

Good luck :)