Fat transfer to face or filler? (Photo)

i asked What is the best way for Facelift without surgery already many of doctors recommended injection under the eyes and chine . some doctors said about fat transfer:It is very unpredictable when fat from your body is transferred to your face it can grow tremendously if you gain even slight amount of weight. Making you look like a pillow face Different fat cells grow at different rates .again some doctors said fat transfer bcz its own fat so its better than filler:( and i dont know whos right?

bit early

So I can't tell for sure from your picture but I suspect you are a bit young for either potentially.

If you are in your 20s to mid 30s then all I would recommend is a little refilling of your cheek volume with a filler product. We have a technique of injected saline and hyalase at my clinic to show you how this might look. Face lift is a bit of a misnomer as really it is aimed at lifting the bagginess around the neck and the face is a secondary effect. Your face and certainly your neck don't show too much in the way of ageing in this pic which is why I say hold off for now. 

Volume loss of cheeks is a very common problem in your 30s and i think replacing this in the first instance is the way to go. Voluma is good product to use as it is safe and effective for 1-2 years. 

Leave off the surgical intervention for now IMO

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Fat transfer to face or filler?

Properly performed fat transfer is very predictable and far more long lasting than synthetic fillers. Find a surgeon with experience with the technique.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face

Thank you for posting your question and picture. Many patients choose to start with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm before going with more permanent options, as hyaluronic acid fillers dissolve naturally after a few months and their effects are reversible. Semi-permanent fillers such as Bellafill can last for about five years and produce consistent results. Fat transfer, on the other hand, can yield different results as different individuals reabsorb different amount of fat. While some physicians choose the more conservative approach with the amount of fat they put in, many patients complain that their doctors put in too much fat. I recommend comparing before-after pictures of different physicians to get a better idea of their styles and skills. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the face or filler? Advantages and disadvantages

Fat transfer and fillers can both be great options.  I use both in my practice.  Fillers have the advantage of being quick, not needing anesthesia and more limited recovery.  The disadvantage is that with fillers the price can get really expensive.  If you want a full face treatment, what I call "Aesthetic Facial Balancing" and find a doctor with capabilities to perform such an intervention the cost will be fixed and cheaper than such a treatment with fillers.  Fat is slightly less predictable but in my six yeay experience of fat grafting and filler treatments I have not had the negative results you fear.  If your interest is only in the periorbita, hyaluronic acid based fillers are a great choice and would be about half the price of fat grafting.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Fat grafting

you appear to be young. Your face is not thin. By inflating your face you don't get a facelift,  you get a face expsnsion. If you gain weight from kids, menopause or just getting older, the extra fat in the face gets bigger too, which almost never looks good and is not really possible to fix. The surgeon has no control over this. 

For faces like yours HA fillers make the most sense to me. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon