How much fat can removed during abdomen lipo suction? (photos)

Hello, I want to book a tummy tuck and lipo very soon but just wondering how much fat can be removed using liposuction, or is it just as much as needs to go?

Better abdominoplasty (+liposuction) than liposuction only

I don’t think that the liposuction is suitable for your case. Abdominoplasty is going to help you. It can be combined with liposuction but the quantity of fat that can be removed will not be the same as  if you do liposuction only. As far as I see from the photos the fat to be removed is within the safe limits for liposuction or abdominoplasty. Try to be sure that you are refered to a Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon and I am convinced that you will have good result.

How much fat removed with abdominal liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• A tummy tuck will remove all the skin from the navel to the pubis - it does not need liposuction.
  • (You may need an extended tummy tuck but it isn't clear in the photos.)
  • The liposuction should be done on the flanks 
  • And yes, the amount that is needed to be removed is removed.
  • The generally recognized safe limit for fat removal is 5 liters - you don't have that much on your flanks.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS