How much fat can removed during abdomen lipo suction? (photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Better abdominoplasty (+liposuction) than liposuction only
I don’t think that the liposuction is suitable for your case. Abdominoplasty is going to help you. It can be combined with liposuction but the quantity of fat that can be removed will not be the same as if you do liposuction only. As far as I see from the photos the fat to be removed is within the safe limits for liposuction or abdominoplasty. Try to be sure that you are refered to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and I am convinced that you will have good result.
How much fat removed with abdominal liposuction
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- A tummy tuck will remove all the skin from the navel to the pubis - it does not need liposuction.
- (You may need an extended tummy tuck but it isn't clear in the photos.)
- The liposuction should be done on the flanks
- And yes, the amount that is needed to be removed is removed.
- The generally recognized safe limit for fat removal is 5 liters - you don't have that much on your flanks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.