Fat is drooping from upper cheeks to lower cheeks dramatically changing appearance. Please suggest Non-surgical/Surgical Option?

After getting subcision to improve acne scars (where the Dr aggressively cut lots of scar tissue under my skin which I now feel was actually holding my face up tighter), I noticed soon after the fat from my upper cheeks that gave me high cheekbones has drooped over the last 2 years to my lower cheeks dramatically changing my appearance and causing hamster cheeks please see diagram below to get an idea of my problem. Please can you suggest non surgical/surgical options in London. Male, 39 yrs.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures can create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. A great non-surgical option to return the volume to your cheeks would be facial fillers. Also, the placement of a cheek implant can help restore the fullness to the cheek area and provides a more pleasing profile. I recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to further discuss your options. 

Best of luck.

Rupesh Jain, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon