Lower eye lid surgery; my left eye seems to have dropped, should this happen so soon after surgery?

I had lower eye lid surgery April2015 my eyes look so much better unfortunately they now look very lined especially my left eye which seems to have dropped should this happen so soon after surgery ?

Left Eye Dropped

It is difficult to understand what is going on without a photo.  When you say "left side has dropped", I assume you mean the eyelid margin is lower.  If this is the case it is not uncommon and will probably resolve with time.  I tell my patients to massage the lower eyelid in an upward and lateral direction to prevent scar contraction. Swelling and scar tissue remodeling can take months to completely resolve.  Be patient and share your concerns with your surgeon and follow his or her instructions.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Please consider posting a photograph.

Things do happen after lower eyelid surgery.  However without a photograph, it is impossible to know what is going on.  It is very difficult to identify an individual from an eyestrip.  I encourage you to repost with the photos so the Realself community can be of more service to you.

Eyelid shape

Are you able to forward some photos to allow an assessment of your problem?  Make a follow-up appointment with your surgeon.  He should be able to advise you.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon