To what extent could rhinoplasty correct flared nostrils and refine my tip? Weak nasion? 18yo. Alarplasty would help? (Photo)

I am ethnic (Pakistani background) and therefore my skin is fairly thick around all of my nose, which I imagine makes it more difficult to refine the tip. From distance my nose doesn't look so bad, but up close in the mirror it seems wide. See attached photos. I have a weird "line" which depresses into my skin around the nasion. Can this be corrected? I've also noticed slight nostril asymmetry. Is my tip considered bulbous? I'm happy with profile view. Thanks for any helpful replies.

Formal rhinoplasty consultation

Many of the changes that you have described can be accomplished with rhinoplasty.  I recommend consulting with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will accurately examine your nose, listen to your complaints, create a simulation based on what your nose could look like after surgery, and develop a plan tailored to your individual needs.

Nasal refinement

It is true that a nose with particularly thick skin will not have the definition of a thin-skinned nose, which can be both good and bad.  Rhinoplasty can help with the mild-moderate tip fullness and alar flare your photos suggest. You would do well to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon well-versed in rhinoplasty, and discuss your concerns and goals with him or her.  Such a consultation and exam are very important in determining your goals and their feasibility.  The groove at the upper-most part of the nose is likely one of the frowning muscles of the glabellar complex; if so, this can be well-treated with Botox or another neuromodulator.  Best of luck. 

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Refinement

This could be corrected but it is important to understand tip refinement in every individual is different and it is important to customize the procedure to the individual. There are a number of techniques that I use as a rhinoplasty specialist to achieve satisfactory refinement. I've attached a video that shows one particular approach. I hope you find this useful.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip and Nostril Refinement

Hi zennobori,

From your photos, your nose doesn't look bad at all, but I agree that your alar base can be improved along with the tip, if it really concerns you. AS for the groove between your eyebrows, it is most probably an early frownline caused by the contraction of your corrugator muscle, and can be improved by botox.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

To what extent could rhinoplasty correct flared nostrils and refine my tip? Weak nasion? 18yo. Alarplasty would help?

Hello, the results that you wish for can be achievable with a rhinoplasty. its is very important that you go have an evaluation with a plastic surgeon and talk about your concerns and what your needs. Thank you