Can an ethnic wide nose be fixed with rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I have a very wide nose, with a wide bridge and large nostrils. I feel like it doesn't suit the rest of my face. I would like a more defined nose, with a narrower bridge, smaller nostrils, smaller tip and overall reduction in size. I am not afraid of the change as I am really unhappy with my nose but at the end of it I would like a nose that is 'normal' and suits my face. With having such a large ethnic nose I would like to know if this achieveable? And what I need to do to achieve this look?

Narrowing an Ethnic Nose

Hi SandyB25,

Based from your photos, your expectation of a narrower bridge, smaller nostrils, and finer tip, can all be achieved in one surgical procedure using Refinement Rhinoplasty.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can an ethnic wide nose be fixed with rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your question. Yes certainly a wide nose can be made smaller through a rhinoplasty procedure. You would need to see a plastic surgeon who performs this type of surgery on a regular basis. Also ask to see some before and after photos of cases he has done himself.Kind regards.

Sure it can

Your diagnosis is quite accurate, and the goals you propose are reasonable too, making your case an excellent one for rhinoplasty. The goal, as you mention, is to fit the nose to the rest of the face, and shaping it in a way it looks better but keeping your ethnicity to some degree, or it will look weird. Trust a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who can achieve your goals.

Javier Galindo, MD
Spain Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my nose be fixed

Thank you for your question.  Every rhinoplasty has its unique challenges.  During your consultation with an experienced Board Certified Rhinoplasty surgeon its fair to ask if he or she feels comfortable with our particular problem.  Ask to see examples of rhinoplasty results from the surgeon with noses like yours.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon