How do I eliminate the appearance of get rid of this belly ring scar? (photo)

I've had my piercing for just over a year now and I'm not quite sure but this could possibly be a keloid. How do I get rid of it?

Belly button piercing scar revision

Begin by removing the piercing and applying Plato's Scar Serum. The next step would be to surgically revise the belly button piercing. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Not a keloid

Based on this one photo you have provided it does not look like you have a keloid scar; also, keloid scars usually appear within one year of cutting the skin and if you have had the piercing over a year ago then this is more of a reason that it is not a keloid; lastly, if you look at photos of keoids you will see that they are raised and thick to touch.

Andre Aboolian, MD