Would you use ear or rib cartilage to restore symmetry in my nose? (photos)

I had an open rhinoplasty in 2014. The result was devastating, as I was left with a very noticeable asymmetry. I was left with a hump on the right side of my bridge that was not there before. I have seen several surgeons regarding my revision. Some surgeons told me rib cartilage was absolutely necessary, but other thought ear cartilage was sufficient, and thought I had enough nose cartilage left anyway. Do you think rib cartilage is definitely needed? Thank you.

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

I don't see that you need a graft at all.

It's not possible to tell whether you need a graft from the photos that you posted, because the photos don't even include all of the nose. In a previous post, you complained about your nose being too long after surgery. Shortening the nose -- as in the brief video I posted above -- would allow straightening of the bridge, possibly without grafting.

I usually make a morph when I'm answering questions like this, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty but I need more photos. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon