Drooping boobs off end of implant?

Hi I had my BA done 7 weeks ago. I'm 5ft 3 and weigh 8 stone. I'm of slight build but athletic.. I was an A cup before kids and A/B after. I had mild sag but my PS said I didn't need a lift. I originally said the 200cc was perfect however I trusted his judgement if things were to change while in Theatre. I was very happy with the size post op as he used 240 and 265. However my small original boob is sat on the end of my implants?? please help me understand whats gone wrong??

Drooping boobs off end of implant?

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to tell what is going on without a photograph of your breasts.  He really need an examination by her plastic surgeon to diagnose what is going on.  Most common if the breast is hanging off of the implants after surgery either a breast lift was needed in addition to implants or the inframammary crease has been violated and a double bubble persists.  Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination.

Hanging breasts - how to correct it?

Without pictures of your breasts, it will be hard to point out the problem, but I will try to be as helpful as possible.

It is unclear whether both your breasts are hanging off the implants, or just one, but regardless, this is likely to occur when you had pre-existing sagging/drooping that was not addressed. You do mention that you had mild sagging, so it is important to see photos before surgery to see if the sagging is a possible reason for what you are experiencing. It could be that your skin has stretched enough that the mild sagging that existed before has worsened resulting in the hanging appearance of the breasts.

Hanging breasts are also likely when the chosen implant does not fill the breast envelopes adequately, or if the inframammary fold was not dissected enough to allow downward displacement of the implant in line with the overlying breast tissue.

To correct hanging breasts, a simple breast lift (mastopexy) is needed. Sometimes, you may also need a new, but larger implant in addition to the mastopexy.

Your concerns can best be addressed by having an in-person follow-up with your surgeon. Their instructions and diagnosis should take precedence over everything else you read here as they are better informed about your medical history and surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD