Double chin + jowls 4.5 months post neck + face lift - do I need a revision?

Hello, I am at 4.5 months post neck and face lift. Healthy 46 year old. Half-asian, so skin is in good shape and quite elastic. In the last couple of weeks my face has become somewhat asymetric and suddenly I have a double chin - my scar can be seen, and my jawls are back - pretty much no difference from what I had before, without the split in the double chin. I have kept constant weight, no changes since the surgery. Do I need a revision or is this it? Thank you

Facelift

Thank you for your question. Your current experience should not be your final post-op state. Keep in mind that it can take 6 months or longer to heal from a facelift. I suggest that you consult with your facial plastic surgeon to learn more about your recovery process and result expectations. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

No change at 5 months post op not normal

Although it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to truly see your final results, you should definitely notice a change at 5 months post op. I would certainly suggest that you schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Very early

from what you describe, no difference 5 months after facelift then there is reason for concern. go back to your surgeon and ask to see your before pictures as they will tell you and your surgeon about where you are right now. its easy to forget our pre op self very quickly after surgery. 

the next thing if you still think there is no difference is to ask what options there are to improve things. ask for another set of photos then you can both objectively assess what has changed from your surgery. 

hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin 

Facelift #faceliftrecovery #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing #fillers #jowls

Dear Mikunda

Thank you for your question and photos!  Please see your surgeon to review.  Swelling under the chin can take time to resolve- do you need ultrasound to soften?

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Double chin + jowls 4.5 months post neck + face lift - do I need a revision? (Photos)

Hi-

Sorry your having some difficulty in the post operative period. I would recommend you see your surgeon and go over your complaints. If a revision is indicated I'm sure they would be more than happy to discuss the options with you. Scars will get much better over the coarse of a year and you are fairly early in the recovery still at 4.5 months. Hope this was helpful. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a facelift revision?

You are 4.5 months out from surgery so you may still see some improvement over the next few months. That being said, it does look like you still have some submental fat that could be removed in a revision procedure. The views you show make it difficult to know how much of that bulging under the neck and the jowling is due to your position. It's best to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have your questions about a revision better answered. I would recommend that you wait until at LEAST 6 months postoperative before considering any other procedure though. Best of luck.

I see your concern. It will take many more months for the swelling to fully subside but I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and make a plan as to what might need to be done and when to do it. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Face lift - no improvement after 4 months

Thank you for asking about your face lift result.

• This is quite unusual -
  • It sounds as though with the swelling down, issues are emerging.
  • It will take many more months for the swelling to fully subside but I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon, discuss your concerns and make a plan as to what might need to be done and when to do it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS