Doctors talked me out of a BA surgery, should I go for it anyway because waiting might result in a lift too? (photos)

I've been posting for a few years,but last year when I tried to get a BA I was talked out of it by 4 surgeons in UK and USA.I have back pain,breast looks big but not beautiful.It was before breasts got worse(got 2 sizes bigger,saggy,still growing)and I understood that if I won't do anything they'll soon get more saggy and i'll need a lift not only a BA.can I get a similar result with ba like in the pic where I hold my breast?Will I get too huge?Are they now last stage saggy?

Breast augmentation to get a full look?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Here is the choice you face - and it may be a hard one.
  • You have back pain and your breasts are steadily getting larger.
  • The usually treatment for excessively large breasts causing back pain is to make them smaller.
  • However you want upper breast fullness - which can be achieved with an implant
  • This will make breasts heavier and almost certainly worsen your back pain.
  • You do not have very droopy breasts.
  • One option to discuss is a liposuction reduction of your breasts with an implant to try to get the look you want.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation needed?

Based on your photos you don't actually need a breast augmentation. Instead it is more advisable to actually undergo breast reduction since you are experiencing back pains. These would only worsen if you insist with the breast augmentation, as you will be adding additional weight on your breasts. If you want a fuller look on your breasts then it is recommended that you undergo a breast reduction then have shape textured implants.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Implants or Lift

Thank you for your question. Adding breast implants adds volume/size to your breasts. An effect similar to where your hand has lifted tissues, can be achieved with a breast lift.

I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss further,

Al the best

It does not seem you need a Breast Lift.  Back pains from having excessive large breast, you may need Breast reduction. For fullness and round you will have a breast reduction with implant. 

The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Breast augmentation

Thanks for your post. I would imagine you could achieve a similar look to what you show in that last photo using an implant. The back pain you mention may get worse with this procedure though. I don't get the sense that you'd have to do a breast lift at this point. I would be interested to know why the other surgeons talked you out of it? Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon