Should my dentist be able to change my crown to make it fit better (my front left)? (Photo)

new crown is the dentists second attempt.i feel the tooth points outward and is far too bulky on the outer side? I also have the dreaded grey line at the gum which i said i DIDNT want. Also the colour is wrong and I've been offered free whitening to make my other teeth Match the crown, but Im not happy with the shape and feel its worse than my original tooth.Its expensive n im disappointed. Can this be altered or improved.

Bulky #crown causing disappointment #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I agree that your new crown does not match your teeth.  The best advice I can give you is to communicate with your dentist about your concerns. Unfortunately, now that your crown has been permanently cemented, the shade can not be changed.  I would recommend having your crown redone.  Be specific about what don't like about your crown and what you want for your new crown.  It's also important to speak with your dentist about the type of material being used for your crown.  I would use Emax or Empress if you were my patient to achieve the best aesthetic result.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100