I am considering having hi def or mid def Vaser lipo treatment (belly). Do you think I'm suitable for this treatment? (photo)

VASER Liposuction -- Am I a candidate for procedure

You look like a great candidate for Hi Def Body Contouring using the VASER. Without seeing other areas of your body the amount of fat retrieved may be different than it appears from the one photo provided. I sugget consulting with an expert Cosmetic Surgeon in VASER Hi Def Body Contouring to give you optimal results by sculpting and contouring your body to the highest degree. Best regards, Dr. Berger.

Beverly Hills Physician

Candidate for vaser high DEF

An evaluation of the abdomen requires looking at three things: skin fat and muscle. You do not appear to have extra skin. There seems to be enough fat to work with and do shaping. However it is not possible to assess your muscle from that photo. It may even seem like you have a small umbilical hernia from your photo. If you have muscle separation and or a hernia then the Lipo suction will obviously not improve this and may not be the best choice. Your best option is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in vaser high DEF.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The Optimal "Hi-Def" Candidate

Thank you for your question and photo.  The optimal or ideal Vaser Hi-Def candidate has very close to ideal body weight with good skin elasticity.  People who are grossly overweight are not good candidates and people who have loose skin with stretch marks are also not ideal, because their skin will not tighten enough to accentuate the underlying musculature.  Also, if one's goal is accentuate the abdominal musculature, then one needs to have strong abdominal muscles (in other words, we can't make a 6-pack from a keg!).  From the photo you submitted, you certainly appear to be at a good healthy body weight and you appear to have pretty good abdominal muscles.  The only drawback is that it also appears you have some stretch marks and skin laxity, either from pregnancy or significant weight loss.  This means you will not get the same degree of skin tightening as someone who does not have skin laxity, but you may still get good results.  In my practice, I would encourage you to add on a ThermiTight procedure in addition to Hi Def liposuction, as that would maximize skin tightening beyond the Vaser alone.  Of course, any opinion I give is limited, because I have not done an examination on you.  I would encourage you to find a qualified surgeon in your area and go in for a consultation and exam - your surgeon should be able to give you realistic expectations once he or she has had a chance to discuss your aesthetic goals and examine the area(s) in question.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

If you have loose skin and stretch marks you need to have skin removal to really get the best in contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser High Def procedure

Thank you for your question and a photo.By a body build you are suitable (HD Vaser is only offered to people who already slender to expose their muscle contours).However, a doctor need to determine what is your skin thickness is like, if there is fat layer or mostly connective tissue , if you have too much visceral fat (adipose tissue behind the muscle wall), if you have well toned abdominal muscles. Based on that  and also on you expectations and psychological health the surgeon will explain you what is realistically possible in your case.