Day one after surgery, jewellery not fitting back on?

Just went to put my wedding and other rings back on including my watch (which are usually lose) but could not get any of them on....? Should I worry about this?

Day one after surgery, jewelry not fitting back on?

It is normal to experience swelling after an operation especially for the first few weeks. it is also not advisable to wear any jewelry as long as swelling is observed, since jewelry may block blood circulation in your fingers.

London Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery.

It is very common to have swelling after surgery that settles over the next few weeks. In fact, if you sustain trauma to your hand or have an opeartion on your hand, it is prudent to remove any rings as the fingers can swell up, rings can become tight, resulting in compromised circulation to the fingers...! In your case just be patient and wait for the swelling to go down.

Fluid Retention

Swelling and fluid retention post op is common & you will likely shed this excess over the next week. Drink plenty of fluids , walk and you will likely be able to get them back on in 5 days or so.

All the best

Swelling immediately after surgery?

It is extremely common to be swollen right after surgery.  That should subside in a few days.  In the meantime, I would drink plenty of fluids and if you don't need to take your narcotic pain medication, don't.  They can sometimes lead to bloating as well.  Best of luck!

Swelling after surgery

It is common to have swelling after surgery and this should get better in a few days. Make sure you walk around and drink plenty of fluids. You should be able to put your rings back on soon!