How can I even out dark marks on my skin/clear it up? (Photos)

I've been using Dalacin c 1% to clear my skin. It wasn't a major problem but I just want perfect skin. I now have dark spots left which are red/brown. I think it's where I had popped them in the past. I'm not sure how to sort it out as it makes my skin look dirty. I've tried kiehl's dark spot solution but that didn't work. I also drink 3-4 litres of water a day and still no clear up. How can this be cleared so it is all even? Thank you

Dark spots and clear skin

It is now common knowledge that antibiotics do not treat the cause of acne and that they should be avoided. You need dual treatment for acne as well as for subsequent hyperpigmentation. A regime based around Vitamin C, 4% hydroquinone (hyperpigmentation) as well as tretinoin (for acne) should give the clear skin you have always wanted. There are many medical brands out there such as Obagi. Always see someone who has experience dealing with problematic skin.

Treating Brown Spots from Acne

Dalicin C is Clindomycin, an antibiotic used to treat acne. Acne always looks more extensive than it is since each abscess causes a residual redness as it heals and then results in a brown spot for about a year. If this is a significant concern, the best treatment protocol is use of the Obagi Nu-Derm System with continuation of the clindomycin. This treats the cause of the acne, helps prevent further outbreaks and treats the dark spots. See an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon with knowledge of skin rejuvenation who uses the Obagi system.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon