Cutting Hair - How soon can I shave my head after FUE?

I would just use the clippers at no.1 position not a razor. Thanks as always.

Shave after hair transplant

Great Question. I typically advise our patients to wait for at least 2-weeks before shaving anywhere near the graft site. Its best to just make sure that everything has healed before doing anything to aggravate the area. Of course, still use caution with the shaver around the transplant area.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shaving the head after hair transplant

You must wait at least 2 weeks after all of the crusts are off before attempting to shave your head. You don't want the razor to pull out the grafts

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Once your scalp healed

Hello. It is good to ask before hand. You can shave once the transplanted and donor area heal. This takes approximately between one to two weeks. If you see that everything up there is back to normal, then go for it.Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care. You can shave or cut your hair when the wound has healed.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care.  You can shave or cut your hair when the wounds have healed.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon