Do you know if this is correctable in one hit or do I need multiple procedures? I'm very anxious. (Photo)

Hi! Due to weight fluctuations and bad genetics I suffer from: scarring, symmastia, inverted nipples, sagging and drooping! Please help.

What Can I Do To Improve The Appearance Of My Breasts?

Obviously, an in person physical exam by a Board Certified plastic surgeon would be necessary to come up with the best game plan to accomplish your goals.  Also, a holistic approach to your total body habitus would be absolutely essential to improving your self esteem which, of course, is the name of the game.  From the pictures you sent, it appears that you may in fact be endomorphic, and therefore diet and exercise must be considered along with surgical correction of your breasts.  

All that being said and focusing only on your breasts, if you were my patient, the first surgery that I would recommend would be a suction breast reduction to decrease the overall volume and get some clarity as to which plastic surgical procedures would be appropriate.  Suction breast reduction would decrease the volume, reposition and shrink the nipple areolar complexes (NAC).  

Your picture does not indicate to me that you truly have inverted nipples but possibly just underdeveloped nipples which are much more difficult to correct.  The suction breast reduction will clarify as to what your actual nipple problem is and allow your surgeon to make a more cogent game plan for their correction.

As to your comment about symmastia, it does not appear that you actually have classic symmastia but rather an excess amount of adipose tissue and minimal connection of the inter-mammary skin to the sternum.  Once again, suction breast reduction will clarify this problem, and if, at a second surgery subpectoral implants are placed, the psudo-symmastia may vanish.

Finally, your one sided breast ptosis should improve and/or be eliminated again by the suction breast reduction.

All in all, I highly recommend you seek consultation with a talented Board Certified plastic surgeon.  Fortunately for you, the UK has some of the best plastic surgeons in the world.  Also and with all due respect, I suggest you stop self diagnosing off the internet.  Believe me, it's hard enough making correct diagnoses after 30 years as a Board Certified plastic surgeon.  

Do you know if this is correctable in one hit or do I need multiple procedures? I'm very anxious.

Dear embarrassed121

Improved the shape of your breasts and correcting the inverted nipples can be accomplished safely with surgery. Generally you can improve the shape of your breasts with a breast lift, both increasing projection and perkiness, as well as improving symmetry. You would have additional scars (likely lollipop scars). I think if this issues is so bothersome to you, a consultation to at least better understand your options is a wise and safe choice.

Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

With the right expectations and goals with the surgeon with the proper vision, you will have great results.  It takes clear understanding of why your anatomical features with weight fluctuations resulted in your present state.

Best WIshes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS