How can I correct my wonky smile? Is this due to fat loss or muscle atrophy? I feel too self conscious to smile (Photo)

I lost 92 Ibs in weight last year. My smile had always been slightly asymmetical (see pic 1) but since I lost the weight or possibly because I am a couple of years older as well, it has now gone really wonky (see pic 2). It is predominantly when I smile, although I do notice that sometimes it is much lower on one side when I am not smiling, especially in the mornings. I have been to a cosmetic specialist who says that dermal fillers or botox would not correct it. I have no dental/teeth issues

Wonky Smile

Thank you for your pictures and question.  A lift to the side of the lip could help. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation and for a formal evaluation for the best treatment option.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I correct my wonky smile? Is this due to fat loss or muscle atrophy? I feel too self conscious to smile.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Because of photographs being a single point in time an in-person examination is needed to assess if there is a muscle imbalance that can be corrected by dermal filler placement.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation and for a formal evaluation for the best treatment option.

Asymmetry of the Lips/Smile

This needs a formal evaluation in person to determine what is best, as fillers, botox maybe able to help. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. A direct lift, subnasal lift and corner lift are long-term solutions to even your lips and remove fat tissue located around your lip border. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon