Can I get coolsculpting done if I am on prescribed lithium?

I am on prescribed lithium and was wondering if I can still have coolsculpting done whilst on my medication

Lithium is OK with coolsculpt

There is no reason not to have coolsculpting just because you are on lithium. There are no medications that are contraindicated with this procedure. However, certain medications, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, can make bruising more likely with the procedure. Some bruising can be expected, but you may want to avoid those prior to your coolsculpt procedure to minimize the potential for bruising.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

There is no research that indicates that these medication could alter coolsculpting result.

Sheila Nazarian MD,MMM

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. Lithium is not a contraindication for CoolSculpting. However, I would mention it in your health history. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lithium and Cool Sculpt

That is not a medication that would prohibit you from cool sculpting. However always disclose any medication you are on to your provider in your health history. Because the treatment is not surgical or require any medications or anesthesia this medication should not pose any issue for you moving forward with Cool Sculpt if your provider believes you are a candidate. 

Lithium and Cool Sculpt

This is not a documented contraindication to Cool Sculpting. If you have reputable provider make sure you disclose all medications so they can review them ahead of time however. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Lithium

Dear kaj:

There is no contraindication to having CoolSculpting if you are taking lithium. The CoolSculpting process does not interact with any medications.  

We like to be aware of any medications patients are taking that can increase the tendency to bruise, as bruising, although not harmful, sometimes occurs with CoolSculpting.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coosculpting and Lithium

There is no reason why lithium would interact with coolsculpting.  Yes this is safe, please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting and Lithium

Lithium use is not a contraindication to performing CoolSculpting. Contraindications include a hernia at the site of treatment, excessive skin laxity, and a rare condition known as cold induced cryoglobulinemia. It is always best to have a consultation with an experienced provider of CoolSculpting. 

Best of luck
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician