Is Coolsculpting the best option to correct damage by liposuction to stomach? Lipo used to harvest facial fat grafts (Photo)

I have been left with two grooves carved in my otherwise slim stomach. These are very ugly and have caused two pouches of fat resting over the grooves. Pouches show through if I wear a dress. No matter if I diet, they don't go away, and if I put on weight, they look even worse. I am usually 127lbs and 5' 8" and a fit lady. Been told in a Coolsculpter consultation that it will remove all irregularities and even out bumps. Is this the best solution please? I am very unhappy. Thank you.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
I usually recommend surgical revision for this but we have seen great results with coolsculpting
Might be a good thing to try first since there is no downtime

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Deformity following Liposuction for Fat Harvesting

Dear sheilasale:

So sorry for your disappointment!

CoolSculpting remains tried and true. It provides limited lipo-reduction using cryolipolysis or a technique in freezing fat. If there is no fat in the area captured by the applicator, no fat will be reduced.

Other non-surgical techniques include heating technologies produced over the last 15 or more years. To me, everyone of them remain lack-luster without reliable or consistent results. 

Liposuction contouring would be my next step after a non-surgical attempt.

Please seek consultation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who provides both surgical and non-surgical options so you will get a more unbiased recommendation.

I hope this has been useful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Correcting Irregularities from Liposuction

Thank you for posting your photos.  It is difficult to tell from the photos if you are a candidate for coolsculpting to correct these irregularities.  I have revised many bulges from liposuction and irregular areas.  The only way to ascertain if you are a good candidate is an in office consultation.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist for your coolsculpting procedure.

Irregularities from Liposuction

Treatments include noninvasive technologies but I would suggest liposonix or ultrashape as they can contour the irregularities from previous surgeries more than Coolsculpting.  However, based on your photos properly performed revision liposuction and a hi definition procedure will give you a much improved body.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is Coolsculpting the best option to correct damage by liposuction to stomach?

There are times where Coolsculpting can correct "bumps and irregularities" to some degree; it will be important to achieve a sense of realistic expectations prior to proceeding.   

Coolsculpt after liposuction

I think in an experienced hand, CoolSculpt can help fix the irregularities in the fat layer that are a result of liposuction.  There are several different handpieces that can be used to help improve the fat layer.  But be aware that CoolSculpt is not a replacement for liposuction.  I hope this advice helps!  Good luck

Coolsculpting to fix liposuction dents

Sorry that this happened to you.  An exam is needed to answer your question properly. Coolsculpting can be used to take down the bumps, but it can't fill in the dents. Sometimes fat grafting is needed to fill in the dents along with corrective liposuction. The tighter your skin is, the easier it is to correct the deformity. Choose a plastic surgeon who offers all of these procedures to get the best answers. 

Dana Coberly, MD

Depends

Sometimes, I will do Coolsculpting to repair the indentation caused by liposuction, other times, I offer these patients fat transfer.  Speak to a plastic surgeon that does both so that you can get the best recommendation.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD