Can you have CoolSculpt if taking furosemide?

Can you have coolsculpt on the abdominal area if you are taking furosemide?

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is a very safe procedure. immediate adverse reactions are rare but could include bruising and swelling. Every treatment, 20 to 25% subcutaneous fat is reduced in the area the treatment was performed on. This medication is not a contraindication. Let your treating doctor know that you are taking it.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. There should be no problem doing CoolSculpting while taking furosemide, however, I would mention it to your treating physician. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting while taking furosemide

I see know reason that you cannot have the CoolSculpting procedure while taking furosemide. I would, of course, mention that you are taking the furosemide to your treating physician. 

Can you have CoolSculpting if taking furosemide?

In my opinion, it would be fine to have a CoolSculpting procedure if you are taking furosemide.  I would discuss this with the physician treating you to make sure they approve of it however.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon