I'm concerned about my eyes. They have become a lot more bulgy than they were when I was young and it's causing anxiety (Photo)

i had a thyroid test and it was normal, in not sure why my eyes bulge now. i have a big posterior open bite and my facial muscles are very overwoked could that be a cause? like its causing pressure on my whole face including my eyes this making them bulge? looking forward to answers

Bulging eye concern

There are other medical causes of bulging eyes apart from thyroid disease.

It is important that you have an ophthalmic assessment to make sure that the eyes themselves are functioning normally. A craniofacial review may also be helpful to assess whether your posterior open bite is linked to your orbital appearance and to determine whether a CT or an MRI scan is necessary to achieve a diagnosis.

All the best, Mr Hiroshi Nishikawa

Bulging eyes

I would agree that you would be best with an occuloplastics consult or a craniofacial evaluation. You need to figure out why your eyes are bulging before doing surgery. It sounds like you have a number of things that need to be addressed. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

See oculoplastic specialist for bulgy eye evaluation

Best to get consultation with an oculoplastic specialist. There are various causes of bulging eyes. Treatment is available. See video and link below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Buldging Eyes

Thank you for sharing your question. You need comprehensive evaluation in person by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. Although your thyroid levels are normal, it does not rule out exophthalmos (bulging eyes) caused by autoimmune disease. Good luck.