2 weeks post BBL, is the compression garment meant to be so tight it causes scarring and burns? (photos)

My garment is soooo tight I've had my bbl procedure for 2 weeks now but I feel like my garment is not right. It's causing scaring and burns. I've contacted my doctor and he just ignored me. What should I do? I don't want to keep taking it on and off but it's such a relief when I do

2 weeks post BBL, is the compression garment meant to be so tight it causes scarring and burns?

The garment should not be causing scarring and burns.  Wearing the garment less tightly or changing garments may be reasonable.  I would try to email or call the surgeon.  Surgeons want to know about potential problems.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.  If your surgeon is non responsive, please seek a second opinion.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post operative care

It is the responsibility of your surgeon to care for you after the surgery as much as before and during surgery.

That include the tightness of the garment. If the garment is the cause of burns and wound healing problems, it is better not to have the garment than a very tight garment that causes problems.

Your surgeon should provide you with the right size garment after surgery.

Compression garment

Hello
During a surgery, a series of tissues are broken and it will take time to heal. That is why you have to follow postoperative instructions.

There are patients who try to aceleratte the recovery process or do the impossible to obtain the best results of their plastic surgery through home remedies, but the best method for recovery is let the body heal by itself.

The compression garment is recommended in some cases and it is very common used in lipoinyeccion, or when there is an excess of accumulated lymphatic fluid in certain areas, but your doctor has to guide you in this step.

I recommend you a personal consultation with your surgeon or a second opinion remember find board certified plastic surgeon.

Best regards.
Sigler MD

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon