Can my Columella be lengthened without a strut? (photos)

Sounds like a stupid question, but my columella was shortened in a previous surgery and I have slowly discovered that my retracted alar were actually the problem. I feel the strut looks unnatural within my nose and I feel it makes my nasal tip and nostrils look too triangular and pointed. Is there a way to extend the collumella without resulting in this look? Thanks

Extend the columella

We would need many more photographs to accurately assess your current anatomy and give you any specific advice. Generally speaking, however, there are many techniques available for reshaping the nasal tip and columella, some of which do not require grafting. A thorough physical exam will narrow the discussion to more appropriate options for you. Good luck!

Washington DC Otolaryngologist