Would I be right in getting a chin implant? (photo)

I think i need a chin implant as I always notice how weak my jaw line is and how my bottom lip is further back than my top lip and how having a weak chin also makes my nose look bigger than it is. I've sucked my thumb since I was a baby and have now managed to stop and i'm getting braces to correct the gap in my teeth but also think a chin implant is needed.

Would I be right in getting a chin implant?

Thank you for your question. You could benefit from a chin enhancement as it would create a stronger, more contoured lower one-third of your face. I recommend booking a consultation with a board-certified surgeon in conjunction with your orthodontist to further discuss your case.

Chin Implant

Hi rosiescrace,From the photographs you have provided, you would definitely get some benefit from chin augmentation.  It is definitely worthwhile seeing a qualified plastic surgeon to assess your dentition and your occlusion in the first instance.  Chin implants are relatively quick and simple; however, in certain circumstances jaw surgery is more appropriate to improve both function and appearance.Best,Warwick Nettle

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

From the limited side profile photograph, there is a weak and recessive chin profile present. A chin implant procedure can help augment the chin forward.  For many examples, please see the link below