Would I be right in getting a chin implant? (photo)

I think i need a chin implant as I always notice how weak my jaw line is and how my bottom lip is further back than my top lip and how having a weak chin also makes my nose look bigger than it is. I've sucked my thumb since I was a baby and have now managed to stop and i'm getting braces to correct the gap in my teeth but also think a chin implant is needed.

Would I be right in getting a chin implant?

Thank you for your question. You could benefit from a chin enhancement as it would create a stronger, more contoured lower one-third of your face. I recommend booking a consultation with a board-certified surgeon in conjunction with your orthodontist to further discuss your case.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin Implant

Hi rosiescrace,From the photographs you have provided, you would definitely get some benefit from chin augmentation.  It is definitely worthwhile seeing a qualified plastic surgeon to assess your dentition and your occlusion in the first instance.  Chin implants are relatively quick and simple; however, in certain circumstances jaw surgery is more appropriate to improve both function and appearance.Best,Warwick Nettle

Chin Implant

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

From the limited side profile photograph, there is a weak and recessive chin profile present. A chin implant procedure can help augment the chin forward.  For many examples, please see the link below

Chin implant candidate