Chin implant or rhinoplasty first? (Photo)

I am getting a chin and rhinoplasty done but im saving at the moment. As soon as i have saved up the funds for at least one doing im going to get it done straight away. I need advise on weather to get a chin implant or rhinoplaaty first? Any advise welcome x

Chin implant or rhinoplasty first?

Hello junayde05 - Thanks for your question. I would recommend that you get the chin implant done first. It will rebalance your face, is fairly easy to do in the office, and has a quicker recovery in most patients. The rhinoplasty can then be done when you have the additional funds and more downtime. Work with a rhinoplasty and chin implant specialist for the best outcomes. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant or Rhinoplasty First: Do Both or Start With Chin

Ideally, doing both procedures at once will allow you to work out a do-able price with your facial plastic surgeon and will also minimize your recovery time. If you must choose between one or the other, I'd advise the chin implant. First, it's an easier procedure and will take much less recovery time. Second, giving your chin more volume will balance out the length of your nose and may ease your discomfort with it. I hope this helps.

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty

Personally, I feel that a chin implant will have a great positive impact on your appearance than a rhinoplasty. Having said that, understand that both procedures can be done safely at the same time. Doing a second procedure at the same time is more cost effective as the operating room fee will not have to be charged twice. Many surgeons allow a second procedure at a slightly reduced fee if performed at the same time. On the other hand, you may be so happy with a chin implant that you may decide to live with your nose. *Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Chin implant or rhinoplasty first?

I agree with your desire for both. Try to get both done together. There will be only one rec period and most surgeons will reduce the second procedure's fee. If you can absolutlety only do one choose what bothers you most. If you are truly undecided as a generalization I tend to recommend men do the chin first and women do the nose first.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino or chin...

Do them both together. This way you have one recovery and your surgeon can balance everything on the table. Best of luck!

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Chin or nose

When you do them both together, you have two options to balance your features : nose and chin.With one done in advance, it may be a struggle with only one variable available to alter for balance.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant or rhinoplasty first?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is very weak and your nose has a slight dorsal hump.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  While a Closed Rhinoplasty can reduce the dorsal hump and refine the shape of the nose, it will not by itself provide the balance and harmony to the lower face that a chin implant can give.  The cost, recovery and benefits of the chin implant, in my humble opinion and in your particular case, outweigh those afforded by a Rhinoplasty so the chin implant first makes sense.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant/rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I would highly recommend you save till you can do both procedures at the same time.  The chin implant and rhinoplasty go hand in hand with regards to your optimal result.  Often surgeons will discount the price of the chin implant when done to complement the rhinoplasty result.
Wish you the best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon