Would I be a candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photos)

Over the past 18 months I have lost 7 1/2 stone. I still have a couple of stone to lose before I am happy but I am so uncomfortable with my stomach. I feel like it's uncomfortable to work out and gets in the way. I work out between 3 and 5 times a week. It look awful. It is making me really depressed.

Would I be a candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. you are a goof candidate for Lipoabdominoplasty. Liposuctiona and tummy tuck. 

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck, This procedure consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in womenwho have had multiple pregnancies. Tummyu Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give you exact recommendations without more photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking a tummy tuck procedure is best when the patient is at a stable weight. That said, most patients lose 15% of their body weight after a lateral tension abdominoplasty and liposuction procedure. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.   There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.  

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

If you have achieved a safe weight and are healthy, I think that a tummy tuck would be reasonable.

Would I be a candidate for a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photo.  I would recommend to lose additional weight with a goal BMI of less then 25.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss

Congratulations!  You have lost a lot of weight!

Cosmetic surgery is kind of unfair.  The people who get the best results are often the people who need the surgery the least.  In my experience the best results are achieved in women whose BMI (body mass index) is between 20 and 28.  Women with higher BMI's can actually have great results too, but those aren't the 'before' and 'after' photos most plastic surgeons have on their websites.  Looking at your photos you are a candidate for a tummy tuck.  Ideally that would be done a few months after your weight has stabilized, no matter what that weight is.  If you do plan to lose another 30 pounds or so it would be best to do that first.  On the other hand, if your weight now is about where you can realistically maintain yourself, you could undergo a tummy tuck now as well.  Risks are a little higher in higher BMI patients.  Visit with a surgeon who does a lot of this type of surgery and have that doctor go over all of this with you.  This surgery is customized to the patient.  Find a surgeon who can safely customize your new look!

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

You appear to be a potentially excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck after losing some additional weight. The amount would be based on a face-to-face physical examination to determine how much visceral fat remains inside your belly cavity resisting tightening of your stomach muscles.  Complete your weight loss plans and then be evaluated by board-certified plastic surgeon to review your options and formulate a plan.  Make sure that you not taking diet pills or smoking before the procedure and that you are in good health with good leg circulation.  Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on you weight loss!  Yes, you probably will benefit from a tummy tuck once you have completed your weight loss. Good luck.

Tummytuck After Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your photos demonstrate that you should be an excellent candidate for Tummytuck surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD