Am I candidate for surgery? Since I had a hysterectomy I have lost 4 stone but my tummy area is stubborn (Photos)

I am considering surgery. I had an abdominal hysterectomy last year and since then have lost 4 stone. my tummy I am unable to shift :( the fat is laying heavy here, and in my pubis something I never had before and hate!need to know do I need to lose more weight first. .. I currently weigh around 200 lbs 5ft 6. I have always weighed heavy as I'm quite thick set. What exactly do I need? I thought full tummy and lipo to flanks, hips and thighs? Or do I do TT and breast lift with smaller implants?

Tummy tuck and stubborn tummy, UK

Well done with the weight loss. Although you could consider surgery at present you would obtain a better result more safely if you can lose more weight before surgery. Ideally you would modify your life style to achieve and maintain a lower stable weight before an operation.

I can not give a personal 'medical opinion' without a clinical consultation so the following comments are offered as a guide only. Clearly you need to be otherwise medically healthy to undergo this type of surgery. Smoking greatly increases the risks.

A tummy tuck should improve the appearance of your abdomen. At the present time I would probably favour combining it with liposuction to the upper abdomen and probably hips.

I would consider the thighs to be a separate issue which might be better left for another operation but can be combined with an abdominoplasty. 

It is difficult to comment on your breasts which are not well shown in the pictures. Once again you would want to be at your desired stable weight before deciding what it the best way to help you with your breasts. If you feel they have sufficient volume (size) then an uplift may be sufficient? If you would like larger breasts then implants are a possibility.

I would advise you to have a consultation with a suitably qualified (in the UK look for FRCS(Plast) as a qualification) and experienced plastic surgeon. You may also consider looking for membership of BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons). BAAPS is an association for surgeons interested in Cosmetic Surgery. It is committed to education and its members participate in an annual audit.

Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for surgery?

You are not only a good candidate for this procedure but you are a poster child for what plastic surgeons do.  You have what i often call..frumpy body frame.  A mommy makeover will tighten and give you a more voluptuous sexy body in my opinion.  See a plastic surgeon who has the skill to do what I just laid out.  Its what I would for you.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for tummy tuck surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far.  Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Am I a good candidate?

I think you're a very good candidate for tummy tuck surgery or a mommy makeover operation combining a tummy tuck with breast lift and breast implants. I believe you will need a full tummy tuck to remove the loose and heavy lower abdominal skin and also lift the sagging in the pubic area. Liposuction can also be used to remove excessive fatty tissue in the hips and upper tummy for a tighter waistline and a flatter tummy overall. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD