Could I be a candidate for a mini TT? Or could I consider any other alternative to surgery? (Photos)

I'm so unhappy with my TT what are my options? I hate me! :(

Tummy tuck revision

Right now you look like a candidate for a tummy tuck revision, you need to consider that you are this ca be fixed and you dont need to hate your body. Please get  consultation in person with a board certified plastic surgeon!

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  The first question is how long ago was your tummy tuck performed?  Have you shared your concerns with your surgeon?  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a revision, but an in-person examination would be very helpful.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Could I be a candidate for a mini TT? Or could I consider any other alternative to surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after previous abdominal wall contouring surgery.  Frankly, I am most concerned about your statement of: "I hate me!"  and wonder if your best course of action would be professional counseling,  as opposed to further plastic surgical procedures at this point.  Seek help and support from your family, friends, and primary care physician.  Best wishes.

Indications for a tummytuck

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Usually the mini-tummy tuck is indicated when the only concern the patient have is excess skin below the belly button. Otherwise, a full tummy tuck is the procedure that will provide the best outcome.

Some things that the mini tummy tuck does NOT address are:

• Remove excess skin above the belly button. The usual deformity are rolls in this area.
  • Repair separated muscle above the belly button. The usual deformity is a very flat belly bellow and a bulgy one on top.
  • Unfortunately, the appearance of the belly button is descended. I do not like this look. This is only appropriate for patients with very high belly buttons. Otherwise the proportions are not aesthetically pleasing.

If your outcome is not pleasing due to these problems, the solution is to undergo a full tummy tuck.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Wishing you the best in your journey

Tummy Tuck

Hi nena11111,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures provided it seems as if you would be an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck Revision. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate For Revision?

Thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry you are unhappy with your results. You appear to be an candidate for a revision tummy tuck.  Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedure.  Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Candidate for Tummy Tuck revision

Based on the photos, you appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck revision. Consult with your surgeon to understand his or her recommendations as he or she knows the scope of the original surgery and the specifics about you. Do not lose your confidence in yourself. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Revision of TT

Hi.  It looks like there is still some residual skin laxity there.  You might be a candidate for a revision TT.  Best to speak with your surgeon about your concerns.  No need to feel bad about yourself when this can be improved.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Dr. Derby Sang Capuyy

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You seem to be a great candidate for a full TT. I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Revision

It would be important to know how long post op you are and also what you looked like before surgery. You appear to have had a lot of loose skin and stretch marks which is not always easy to fix. A consultation with a plastic surgeon,including the one who did the surgery, should give you options. Don"t hate yourself.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon