Can you feel the implant when sat down or when you touch the buttocks?

Can you feel the implant when sat down or when you touch the buttocks? Does the buttocks feel hard or does it gradually get softer like a breast augmentation?

That’s a great question! The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  More importantly, you want butt implants to feel natural and the edges never to be appreciated by touch or seen.  Fat grafting to your hips and around the buttocks help prevent that even more so, if you have a very very small buttocks to start.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape! My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon that does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

Buttocks implants feel

When the implants are placed in the correct intramuscular pocket, you will not be able to feel the implant edges. It is critical that the implant be placed in the correct plane ! Your buttocks will feel firm, like a dancer's buttocks that has a strong gluteal muscle.

Arian Mowlavi, MD