Breast Reduction recommendations and advise, UK? (photos)

I seemingly woke up at 12yo with 30HH breasts - ever since dealing with back pain, finding exercise difficult, paying £££ for underwear, being self conscious/depressed. I'm looking into breast reduction surgery as I lost 3 stone and they've not gone anywhere! I'm 25 and have no children. This is affecting my health (I can't exercise) my finances, my self confidence and my mental health. I'm looking more for recommendations of surgeons/clinics and general advice.

Go ahead!..

You are a typical and ideal breast reduction patient. Of course any candidate for breast reduction surgery should keep in mind that there will be some scars and a small risk of loosing her ability to breast feed. I'll simplify the problem for you. You have two options: 1.Doing nothing, and going on living your current life,  2.Undergoing a breast reduction and getting rid of all your current problems, for the price of some scars which will be hardly noticeable after a year, and a small risk of loosing your ability to breast feed. 
Hope this was helpful. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for posting.

Well done on losing 3 stones! 

Your are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery if you do not smoke. With the size of your breasts you could chose to have a horizontal scar only breast reduction, which means you only have a scar around the nipple and one below the breast in the crease.

You could also have liposuction to the breasts, though this only removes the fat and not the gland in the breast (and younger women have more gland than fat) and will not lift the breasts, but on the other hand you have tiny scars.

Breast reduction will help on back and neck aches, and as all surgery carries some potential complications which include:
breast pain
loss of nipple
loss of nipple sensation
fat-necrosis (if not all fat survives it can drain as liquid fat or it can become hard)
inability to breast-feed
but it also lowers your risk of breast cancer!

Best of luck 

Barbara Jemec

Possible breast reduction

Thank you for your post.  Based on your photos which demonstrate large breasts with a smaller frame and your associated symptoms, you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction provided that you are a non-smoker.  Be sure to consult with an experienced certified plastic surgeon in your region.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast reduction in the UK

Your description of symptoms and photographs suggest that you would find breast reduction surgery very helpful. Assuming your general health is good and you do not smoke, I see no reason for you not having surgery.
However there are disadvantages to surgery such as scarring, risks from surgery, loss of nipple sensation and probable inability to breast feed.

I would advise you to discuss this with your GP and consider make an appointment with a suitably trained and experienced plastic surgeon to advise you further on your personal suitability for surgery, the recovery and the risks.

In the UK a surgeon who has FRCS(Plast) after their name has undergone a  specific training in plastic surgery and passed exams in plastic surgery (the UK equivalent of board certified in the USA). If licensed to practice in the UK you would find them on the specialist register of the GMC as a plastic surgeon. The majority would work for the NHS as Plastic Surgeons and Privately at their local private hospitals. They may also be a member of BAAPS (the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) which is voluntary. BAAPS work to raise standards in  Cosmetic Surgery. Membership of BAAPS is restricted to surgeons with an appropriate training. BAAPS also runs annual audits.

You could discuss with your GP applying for funding to have the surgery on NHS. Your GP has to apply to the funding body for you to have the surgery for medical reasons. They may ask for photographs. For this to be successful you would need a strong medical case.

Best wishes and good luck!

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction recommendations

Thank you for the question and pictiures. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.
Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.
To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  
Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Avoid the use of subjective terms; for example, "C or D cup” and/or “ proportionate"… these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people. 
WillI hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.