Do I need a breast lift or will implants do the job? (Photo)

I was told implants would be ok but as my nipples are low i would need a breast lift. I personally like my nipples where they are and just want to increase the volume of my breasts can I get away without having a lift. I am currently a 36a/b and wish to be a 36d . I want my breast to sit where they are now just appear more fuller at the bottom..I'm very active and have been told.I have good muscle.structure

Do I need a breast lift or will implants do the job?

Based on your photo your nipples are above the full beneath your breast  and you do not need a breast lift.  A dual plane submuscular breast augmentation with implant should be all that you need.

Do I need a breast lift or will implants do the job

I think if you choose a reasonable size for the implant, that you will be fine without the lift. The larger the  implant chosen, the greater the amount of implant will be above the nipple and then the lift would be required.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  I don't think you need a lift.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants alone or lift needed?

Thank you for your question and photos.  From what I can see on your photos, your nipples are slightly low but you appear to have nice skin with adequate non-pigmented breast skin visible below the areola; this indicates that you will likely do well with an implant alone.  In some patients with your presentation, a subglandular (on top of the muscle) placement may be helpful to give the appearance of a lift, while placing the implants in the proper position.  Best to be seen in person for optimal advice.  Good luck. 

Breast augmentation

From these photos, you may get a result you are very happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area #realself #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

When do I need a breast lift?

Hello purple shoes.  It is often difficult to decide when to have a breast lift or just to have breast implants. It is not uncommon to get different opinions from surgeons and so I think you should look for a doctor that you feel you can trust who can show you photos of some of his/her cases and see if you can speak with past patients to get a feel for the practice.My view is that you would get a nice result with implants alone, but there is no substitute for an in person consultation, so get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon.  Look for the letters FRCS(Plast) after their name - BAPRAS and BAAPS have a list of members.  I have written a book about how to choose a plastic surgeon and you can find more details by clicking the link.  Good luck!