What is this underneath my breast when I lift up my arm? Only happens to my right implant. (Photo)

There are two lines when I lift up my arms underneath my right breast, what could they be? I am only 13 days post op

What's Under My Breasts?

Thank you very much for your question.

They are either Mondor's Cords (which are clotted/thrombosed veins), or just focal areas of tension caused by the internal stitching.  Either way, they aren't dangerous and will resolve with time.  Best of luck!

Chicago General Surgeon

Mondor's vein thrombosis

From the photographs you have provided, this looks like a clotted vein that we call Mondor's disease. the transverse incision made at the bottom of the breast to place the implants, transects a very superficial vein which then clots below. These resolve on their own with massage, heat, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories. This will not mar the overall result. Congratulations on your surgery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

What is this?

Thank you for your question and providing photos. What you have is called Mondors Cords. This is a superficial vein thrombosis. The good news is this will go away and not effect your results. You can help this by using warm moist compresses 3-4 times a day and take an anti inflammatory agent such as Motrin. I have seen this many times. Best of luck

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  The lines underneath your right breast are Mondor's chords which are inflamed veins underneath your skin.  These will resolve spontaneously but can be expedited with the use of anti-inflammatories and warm compresses.  Let your surgeon know that they have formed, they can ensure to follow you closely. 

Mondor's cords...

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to making accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.

What you are seeing are inflamed veins ("Mondor's cords");  this is usually self-limited and resolves within a few weeks. The use of anti-inflammatories and warm compresses may be helpful to expedite resolution (check with your plastic surgeon). Again, resolution of this inflammatory process may take several weeks.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.